Posted on February 25th, 2014
Over the years, many of you have asked for online courses for yoga teachers. Specifically, you’ve asked for courses to help extend your knowledge of yoga sequencing so that you can enhance your teaching. Jason Crandell’s The Art of Yoga Sequencing online course was designed with you in mind!
This online yoga course will provide you with the tools to develop meaningful, authentic and effective yoga sequences for you and your students. It will provide you with the knowledge, inspiration and technique to generate fresh, safe sequences that represent your voice and vision as a teacher. The Art of Yoga Sequencing will teach you how to create effective sequences for each posture category including arm balances, backbends, forward bends, twists, inversions, energetically balanced practices, practices for better sleep and more.
This Yoga Sequencing course contains 7 modules and provides approximately 50-hours of continuing education. It contains lecture, practice, sequencing templates, downloadable sequences, reflection questions, key teaching points for each posture group, and a curated list of YogaGlo classes that compliment the module. Content is available for as long as you need.
This online yoga sequencing course is right for you if:
- You want information about every posture category, including the essential technique for every posture group, how to prepare for every posture category and how to conclude every posture category.
- You need the tools to develop safe, effective sequencing that represents your voice and builds your student-base.
- You need more confidence creating mixed-level yoga classes while meeting the needs of beginners and experienced students.
- You crave the support, inspiration, and knowledge that will allow you to teach effective, authentic and purposeful yoga classes.
- You want help teaching your students challenging postures like bakasana, handstand, upward-facing bow, hanumanasana, as well as basic postures like bridge pose, revolved triangle and more.
You will receive:
- 30+ hours of professionally-produced lecture, discussion and practice video.
- Sequencing templates for each posture group—so you can create your own sequences within an effective, safe structure.
- 20+ prepared sequences, to practice and teach.
- New yoga sequences every month to keep your practice and teaching fresh.
- Live chats with Jason twice a-month to ask questions and get feedback—for an entire year from the day you join the program.
- Feedback on your sequencing
- 35+ recommended YogaGlo classes to practice and study
- 3 free months of YogaGlo subscription time
The 7 Modules include:
- Sequencing with Authenticity and Purpose
- Turning Inward: Sequencing for Safe, Effective Forward Bends
- Creating Space and Freedom: Sequencing for Efficient Backbends
- Releasing Tension: Sequencing for Cleansing Twists
- Taking Flight: Sequencing for Strong, Stable Arm Balances
- Inversions: Sequencing for Handstand, Forearm Balance, Headstand and Shoulderstand
- Beyond the Asanas: How to sequence for contemplative and energetic themes
We are honored to offer such incredible teachings to yoga students and teachers all over the world and we look forward to supporting you in your journey for ever-increasing knowledge and awareness.
Announcements, Teaching Yoga, Yoga for Teachers
how to sequence yoga classes, how to teach yoga, jason crandell, online yoga, online yoga courses, teaching yoga, yoga postures, yoga sequencing course, yoga teacher training, yoga teachers
Posted on December 10th, 2013
Many of you have asked about additional ways to study with our teachers – whether it’s to expand your own yoga practice or to enhance the way you teach yoga to others. We’re thrilled to offer the very first online course along these lines: Essential Yoga Anatomy with Jason Crandell and Paul B. Roache, MD.
In this essential yoga anatomy course, alignment-based vinyasa teacher Jason Crandell and orthopedic surgeon Paul Roache, MD, have distilled the subject of anatomy into a dynamic, practical course that is directly relevant to yoga practice and teaching. This is not your high school anatomy course filled with rote memorization that you’ll soon forget. It won’t mire you down in details you don’t need. Instead, you’ll receive tools and knowledge that will improve your yoga practice and sharpen your yoga teaching skills.
This online yoga anatomy course is right for you if:
- You’ve hit a plateau and want to progress in your poses
- You or your students want to minimize the risk of injuries by understanding anatomical concepts
- You want to improve the accuracy of your teaching
- You want to more safely and effectively guide your students with your hands and your verbal cues
- You want to get better at “seeing” bodies and understanding how to guide them
The course is made up of 8 modules that include lectures, slides, demonstrations, Q&A, and asana practice. Content is available to you for as long as you need. Unlike live courses, you can learn at your own pace and repeat lectures and practices as often as you’d like!
You’ll also recieve:
- 150+ downloadable anatomical illustrations that give you a comprehensive encyclopedia of the body
- 60-minute sequences to integrate the teachings
- Direct access to ask Paul and Jason your questions via weekly live chat
- Structured message boards to connect with other yoga students and teachers
The 8 modules include:
- The Foundation: Your Feet and Ankles
- The Columns and Movers: Your Legs and Knees
- The Big ‘Ole Bowl: Your Pelvis and Legs
- The Central Axis: Your Spine, Core, and Container
- The Anatomy of Breathing: Your Diaphragm and its Helpers
- The Ball and Socket: Your Shoulders and Arms
- The Control Tower: Your Nervous System
- Advanced Simplicity: Learning to See and Understand Bodies
We are honored to provide these incredible teachings to students and teachers all over the world and look forward to supporting you in your journey for ever-increasing knowledge and awareness.
Announcements, Become a Better Teacher, Teaching Yoga, Yoga for Teachers
essential yoga anatomy, improve accuracy of yoga teaching, improve the accuracy of yoga teaching, jason crandell, online teacher training, online yoga anatomy, online yoga anatomy course, online yoga teacher training, paul b. roache MD, yoga anatomy, yoga anatomy with jason crandell, yoga teacher training
Posted on January 8th, 2010
Join James, Kathryn, Jesse and Alexandria for the upcoming YogaPoser Teacher Training. Visit www.YogaPoser.com for more info!