Posted on December 3rd, 2012
Meditation is an extremely powerful tool that gives balance physically, emotionally and mentally and its countless values have been known and practiced for thousands of years. Several studies show that the benefits of meditation are endless, from inner peace and relaxation to slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases.
This week’s featured meditation classes will help you set the tone for your day, find your center in a moment of stress and help you explore your limitless potential.
To get you started without searching, we’re highlighting six classes in a variety of styles, levels and durations that are designed to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness.
- Falling in Love with Meditation with Sally Kempton: Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
- Meditation for Creativity with Harshada Wagner: Get unstuck and make space for inspiration. A great meditation for artists, writers, or anyone working on a project that requires fresh perspectives.
- Soften the Boundaries of Limited Self with Tara Judelle: Meditation on dynamic stillness allowing us to soften the boundaries of limited self.
- Set a Positive Tone for Your Entire Day with Amy Ippoliti: Join Amy for her daily morning ritual to consciously set a positive tone for your entire day with heart breathing, gratitude practice, a celebration of your successes, a touch of pranayama and some meditation. You will need a pen and paper and a cushion or blanket to sit on that helps you sit more comfortably. Do this ritual daily and watch your life take off!
- Replace Exasperation with Respect with Elena Brower: If you are feeling exasperated with someone near you, this is your meditation today. We tend to lose respect for those closest to us when we get familiar; with this sitting we exchange that familiarity for the highest respect. We exchange our collections of opinions and assumptions for a higher resonance that heals, starting with your body and then widening out to those around you.
- Meditation to Prevent Freaking Out with Kia Miller: You cannot get out of your body, but you can change your energy. This meditation helps you to come back to balance if you are mentally freaking out or feeling overwhelmed and/or stressed. It is a simple breath technique that can be done anywhere any time. Put this in your toolbox and use it often. It will aid you in staying graceful in the most ungraceful times.
Global Classroom, Meditation, The Power of Yoga, There's a Yoga Class for That, Yoga at Home, Yoga Classes
amy ippoliti mediation classes, elena brower meditation classes, harshada wagner meditation classes, health benefits of meditation, how do i begin to meditate, how do i start a meditation practice, kia miller meditation classes, meditation classes, meditation for creativity, meditation for healing, meditation for relaxation, meditation for stress, practicing meditation, sally kempton meditation, tara judelle meditation classes, the benefits of meditation, the endless benefits of meditation, yogaglo, yogaglo meditation classes
Posted on October 10th, 2012
We are delighted to announce that Sally Kempton is now a YogaGlo teacher which will give every YogaGlo member the opportunity to study and practice meditation with her wherever you are, whenever you can.
Sally Kempton is a powerful teacher of applied spiritual wisdom, known for her capacity to kindle meditative states in others, and to help students work with meditative experience as a framework for practical life-change. She teachesteleclasses, retreats, and workshops, appearing at conference centers such as Esalen and Kripalu. Sally is the author of Meditation for the Love of It,” which Spirituality and Health magazine called “the meditation book your heart wants you to read. She writes a regular column, “Wisdom” for Yoga Journal, as well as a column called “Meditation for Life” on the Internet religious site Patheos.com. A former swami in a Vedic tradition, Sally’s teachings combine deep knowledge of the texts of yoga and tantra with practical wisdom from contemporary psychology and integral thought. You can stay up to date on her teaching and workshop schedule at: www.sallykempton.com
Want to study and meditate with Sally right now? We’ve added new classes to get you started:
- Opening Your Inner Body - A master teacher of inner awareness helps you explore the subtle regions of the inner body, using visualizations, sound, and breath to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness.
- Falling in Love with Meditation - Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
- The Inward Shift - Pratyahara as the Doorway to Meditation – In this class, we’ll practice turning our outgoing energies inward, and learn to open to the meditation current that is the heart of meditative awareness.
- Doorways to Meditation: The Four-Fold Heart – The heart is a four-fold instrument of perception, which unfolds for us through each of our inner bodies. In this class, we’ll practice entering into the heart-beat a powerful method for meditation that you can do both in sitting meditation and as a way of centering while you walk through your life.
- Doorways to Meditation: The Spiritual Heart & The Heart of Reality - As we move deeper into the inner body, we’ll practice meditation with the flame of the heart, one of the great doorways into the soul.
Please join us in welcoming Sally to the YogaGlo family!
for the love of meditation, online meditation classes, practice meditation, practice meditation online, sally kempton, sally kempton classes, sally kempton on yogaglo, sally kempton yogaglo teacher, study meditation, study with sally kempton
Posted on May 9th, 2012
We’ve been getting a lot of requests for Kundalini classes, so . . . ask and you shall receive! We are excited to announce that Kia Miller will be teaching 2 FREE Kundalini classes at the YogaGlo studio this May. Also, as a very special treat, Harshada Wagner will be at the YogaGlo studio teaching one FREE meditation class!
Kia’s Class Schedule:
- Thursday, May 10th: 6-7pm – Kundalini Yoga to Brighten your Energy! Join Kia for a class designed to wake up your energy, release stress, and open your heart and mind to new opportunities. This class uses the transformational power of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. Take a moment out of your day to do a good thing for yourself then go share it with others!
- Tuesday, May 22nd: 5:30-6:30 pm – Kundalini, Level 1
Harshada’s Class Schedule:
- Saturday, May 12th: 10-11 am – The Yoga of Power. Not to be mistaken for “Power Yoga”, this meditation class will focus on the sadhana (yogic journey) of accessing and owning our personal and spiritual power. The session includes guided meditation, contemplation exercises, and discussion.
This is a rare opportunity, so please check the class schedule and join us at the YogaGlo studio to explore the power of Kundalini and Meditation.
Posted on March 21st, 2012
Sally Kempton will be in town teaching two free meditation classes next week that you simply will not want to miss. Sally Kempton is a powerful teacher of applied spiritual wisdom, known for her capacity to kindle meditative states in others, and to help students work with meditative experience as a framework for practical life-change.
If you Glo in LA, you will have the opportunity to explore meditation with Sally:
- Monday, March 26th 6:00 – 7:00pm – Opening Your Inner Body: A master teacher of inner awareness helps you explore the subtle regions of the inner body, using visualizations, sound, and breath to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness. Includes talk, practice, and a chance to ask questions.
- Tuesday, March 27th 10:00 – 11:00am – Falling in Love with Meditation: Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
This is a rare opportunity so please check the schedule and join us at the YogaGlo studio to soak up the Sally Kempton goodness.
Posted on November 8th, 2010
You may recall that a few weeks ago, Harshada Wagner taught a free meditation class at the YogaGlo studio. Some of you were able to attend the class in person and many of you eagerly asked when we’d share the class online.
We heard you. We are delighted to announce that we have just launched a Meditation series for the Beginner Center and will be adding a meditation class with Harshada Wagner to the site each week. All of this means that Harshada Wagner is now a YogaGlo teacher!
On the spiritual path for more than 23 years, Harshada Wagner is considered among the top teachers of his generation. Harshada is classically trained in the Indian wisdom traditions of Yoga, Bhakti, Vedanta, and Tantric Shaivism, and has been teaching meditation and self-empowerment since 1996. He is the creator of the Living Meditation Method and is the founder and director of Living Meditation Inc. in New York City and Adhishtana Living Ltd. in Mumbai India. He regularly leads retreats throughout the world, including his very popular pilgrimages to India. He is currently authoring a book on meditation.
Over the past several months, we’ve shared many studies and insights about the power of meditation and we hope that you’ll take this journey with us to practice meditation at home or on the go…wherever your practice takes you.