Posted on June 10th, 2013
The most important relationship you will ever have is the relationship that you have with yourself. Self love is at the very core of well-being. By maintaining a positive and healthy relationship with yourself, you’re not only able to build healthy and fufilling relationships with others, but you have the ability to create and enjoy the kind of life you want.
So if self love is the key to happiness, then why do we insist on bombarding our minds with negative self-talk? Maybe it’s from past relationships, maybe it’s from some awkward teenage years or maybe it’s from a parent or role-model. There are literally thousands of reasons why and where low self-esteem begins, but only one place where it can end. Yourself.
If your self-esteem needs a boost then maybe yoga can help. Several studies show how yoga can help you understand yourself internally so you become aware of the potential that lies within you. This week’s featured classes are all about helping you cultivate self love and acceptance so you can live the life you deserve!
- Celebrate YOU with Jo Tastula: Happy full moon, happy birthday, happy anniversary, happy you-made-it-to-your-mat day!! This class is a celebration of YOU!! How often do we really take time out to acknowledge everything that has brought us to this point in our lives? Through reflection and contemplation we can gain a deeper insight to the preciousness of our lives. We move around the mat in a slow juicy flow which leaves nothing untouched. Warm up with sun salutation C (surya namaskar C) and then drop into half splits (ardha hanaman) crescent moon (anjaneyasaan) warrior 2 (virabhadrasana) tree (vrksasana) triangle (utthita trikonasana) side plant (vasistasana) eagle (garudasana)… move at your own pace ~ add or subtract postures ~ use variations ~ make it your own and enjoy! Happy birthday and congratulations!!!
- Unshakeable Self-Esteem with Elena Brower: This meditation uses sound and breathing as a means to raise your frequency, and create a connection to your self-esteem that is unshakeable. Whether you’re feeling vulnerable, contracted, angry or sad, this will awaken a healing current and deliver you back to the world feeling way better.
- How do we Become our Best Friend in this Lifetime with Felicia Tomasko: This practice is like upgrading your operating system for the body, mind, heart, and spirit. With a sequence that includes alternating forward folds, twists, and hip openers, our primary aim is releasing tension in the neck and shoulders. We do this by paying attention to the length of the spine–from top to bottom–in this class that allows us to befriend the concept of surrender. Instead of giving up, we are deeply connecting with the different layers of our body: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, our higher knowledge, and our sense of bliss and connectedness. How do we befriend our body, mind, heart, spirit? How do we become our best friend in this lifetime? This is the aim of this practice–go deep, slow, and potent.
- Meditation to Conquer Negativity with Kia Miller: Do this mantra meditation when-ever you are grappling with low self-esteem, negative mind, or want to dispel negativity around you. The mantra Aap Sohai Hoa, Suchay Dah, Suchay Doa, Har Har Har. translates as: You, Divine One, have become my refuge. True is your support, Great Creative Infinite. Strengthen your mental self control! Try it, it is wonderful!
- A Relationship of ONE with Marc Holzman: There is no relationship more important than the one you have with yourself as it informs all others. Open to consciousness and then hug to the midline. After a strong warm up and standing series, we explore asymetrical arm balances culminating in eka pada urdhva dhanurasana.
- Overcoming Self Hatred with Harshada Wagner: This meditation targets the energy of self hatred and cultivates the energy of self love and acceptance.
Global Classroom, Meditation, The Power of Yoga, There's a Yoga Class for That
at home yoga classes for self esteem, at home yoga classes for self love, how can yoga help with negative self talk, how yoga can help with a positive self image, online yoga classes for self esteem, online yoga classes for self love, yoga and negative self talk, yoga and self esteem, yoga classes for self esteem, yoga classes for self love
Posted on December 3rd, 2012
Meditation is an extremely powerful tool that gives balance physically, emotionally and mentally and its countless values have been known and practiced for thousands of years. Several studies show that the benefits of meditation are endless, from inner peace and relaxation to slowed or controlled pain of chronic diseases.
This week’s featured meditation classes will help you set the tone for your day, find your center in a moment of stress and help you explore your limitless potential.
To get you started without searching, we’re highlighting six classes in a variety of styles, levels and durations that are designed to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness.
- Falling in Love with Meditation with Sally Kempton: Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
- Meditation for Creativity with Harshada Wagner: Get unstuck and make space for inspiration. A great meditation for artists, writers, or anyone working on a project that requires fresh perspectives.
- Soften the Boundaries of Limited Self with Tara Judelle: Meditation on dynamic stillness allowing us to soften the boundaries of limited self.
- Set a Positive Tone for Your Entire Day with Amy Ippoliti: Join Amy for her daily morning ritual to consciously set a positive tone for your entire day with heart breathing, gratitude practice, a celebration of your successes, a touch of pranayama and some meditation. You will need a pen and paper and a cushion or blanket to sit on that helps you sit more comfortably. Do this ritual daily and watch your life take off!
- Replace Exasperation with Respect with Elena Brower: If you are feeling exasperated with someone near you, this is your meditation today. We tend to lose respect for those closest to us when we get familiar; with this sitting we exchange that familiarity for the highest respect. We exchange our collections of opinions and assumptions for a higher resonance that heals, starting with your body and then widening out to those around you.
- Meditation to Prevent Freaking Out with Kia Miller: You cannot get out of your body, but you can change your energy. This meditation helps you to come back to balance if you are mentally freaking out or feeling overwhelmed and/or stressed. It is a simple breath technique that can be done anywhere any time. Put this in your toolbox and use it often. It will aid you in staying graceful in the most ungraceful times.
Global Classroom, Meditation, The Power of Yoga, There's a Yoga Class for That, Yoga at Home, Yoga Classes
amy ippoliti mediation classes, elena brower meditation classes, harshada wagner meditation classes, health benefits of meditation, how do i begin to meditate, how do i start a meditation practice, kia miller meditation classes, meditation classes, meditation for creativity, meditation for healing, meditation for relaxation, meditation for stress, practicing meditation, sally kempton meditation, tara judelle meditation classes, the benefits of meditation, the endless benefits of meditation, yogaglo, yogaglo meditation classes
Posted on October 10th, 2012
We are delighted to announce that Sally Kempton is now a YogaGlo teacher which will give every YogaGlo member the opportunity to study and practice meditation with her wherever you are, whenever you can.
Sally Kempton is a powerful teacher of applied spiritual wisdom, known for her capacity to kindle meditative states in others, and to help students work with meditative experience as a framework for practical life-change. She teachesteleclasses, retreats, and workshops, appearing at conference centers such as Esalen and Kripalu. Sally is the author of Meditation for the Love of It,” which Spirituality and Health magazine called “the meditation book your heart wants you to read. She writes a regular column, “Wisdom” for Yoga Journal, as well as a column called “Meditation for Life” on the Internet religious site Patheos.com. A former swami in a Vedic tradition, Sally’s teachings combine deep knowledge of the texts of yoga and tantra with practical wisdom from contemporary psychology and integral thought. You can stay up to date on her teaching and workshop schedule at: www.sallykempton.com
Want to study and meditate with Sally right now? We’ve added new classes to get you started:
- Opening Your Inner Body - A master teacher of inner awareness helps you explore the subtle regions of the inner body, using visualizations, sound, and breath to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness.
- Falling in Love with Meditation - Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
- The Inward Shift - Pratyahara as the Doorway to Meditation – In this class, we’ll practice turning our outgoing energies inward, and learn to open to the meditation current that is the heart of meditative awareness.
- Doorways to Meditation: The Four-Fold Heart – The heart is a four-fold instrument of perception, which unfolds for us through each of our inner bodies. In this class, we’ll practice entering into the heart-beat a powerful method for meditation that you can do both in sitting meditation and as a way of centering while you walk through your life.
- Doorways to Meditation: The Spiritual Heart & The Heart of Reality - As we move deeper into the inner body, we’ll practice meditation with the flame of the heart, one of the great doorways into the soul.
Please join us in welcoming Sally to the YogaGlo family!
for the love of meditation, online meditation classes, practice meditation, practice meditation online, sally kempton, sally kempton classes, sally kempton on yogaglo, sally kempton yogaglo teacher, study meditation, study with sally kempton
Posted on May 9th, 2012
We’ve been getting a lot of requests for Kundalini classes, so . . . ask and you shall receive! We are excited to announce that Kia Miller will be teaching 2 FREE Kundalini classes at the YogaGlo studio this May. Also, as a very special treat, Harshada Wagner will be at the YogaGlo studio teaching one FREE meditation class!
Kia’s Class Schedule:
- Thursday, May 10th: 6-7pm – Kundalini Yoga to Brighten your Energy! Join Kia for a class designed to wake up your energy, release stress, and open your heart and mind to new opportunities. This class uses the transformational power of Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. Take a moment out of your day to do a good thing for yourself then go share it with others!
- Tuesday, May 22nd: 5:30-6:30 pm – Kundalini, Level 1
Harshada’s Class Schedule:
- Saturday, May 12th: 10-11 am – The Yoga of Power. Not to be mistaken for “Power Yoga”, this meditation class will focus on the sadhana (yogic journey) of accessing and owning our personal and spiritual power. The session includes guided meditation, contemplation exercises, and discussion.
This is a rare opportunity, so please check the class schedule and join us at the YogaGlo studio to explore the power of Kundalini and Meditation.
Posted on March 21st, 2012
Sally Kempton will be in town teaching two free meditation classes next week that you simply will not want to miss. Sally Kempton is a powerful teacher of applied spiritual wisdom, known for her capacity to kindle meditative states in others, and to help students work with meditative experience as a framework for practical life-change.
If you Glo in LA, you will have the opportunity to explore meditation with Sally:
- Monday, March 26th 6:00 – 7:00pm – Opening Your Inner Body: A master teacher of inner awareness helps you explore the subtle regions of the inner body, using visualizations, sound, and breath to open unexpected avenues into higher states of awareness. Includes talk, practice, and a chance to ask questions.
- Tuesday, March 27th 10:00 – 11:00am – Falling in Love with Meditation: Master teacher Sally Kempton reveals how a creative, experimental approach to meditation practice can transform your practice. Highly practical and experiential, this is recommended for anyone wanting to add dynamism and sweetness to their meditation.
This is a rare opportunity so please check the schedule and join us at the YogaGlo studio to soak up the Sally Kempton goodness.
Posted on November 8th, 2010
You may recall that a few weeks ago, Harshada Wagner taught a free meditation class at the YogaGlo studio. Some of you were able to attend the class in person and many of you eagerly asked when we’d share the class online.
We heard you. We are delighted to announce that we have just launched a Meditation series for the Beginner Center and will be adding a meditation class with Harshada Wagner to the site each week. All of this means that Harshada Wagner is now a YogaGlo teacher!
On the spiritual path for more than 23 years, Harshada Wagner is considered among the top teachers of his generation. Harshada is classically trained in the Indian wisdom traditions of Yoga, Bhakti, Vedanta, and Tantric Shaivism, and has been teaching meditation and self-empowerment since 1996. He is the creator of the Living Meditation Method and is the founder and director of Living Meditation Inc. in New York City and Adhishtana Living Ltd. in Mumbai India. He regularly leads retreats throughout the world, including his very popular pilgrimages to India. He is currently authoring a book on meditation.
Over the past several months, we’ve shared many studies and insights about the power of meditation and we hope that you’ll take this journey with us to practice meditation at home or on the go…wherever your practice takes you.