Posted on October 30th, 2011
If you missed it this week, both classes exploring the seventh chakra – or crown chakra – have been added to the site:
- Seventh Chakra Meditation – Crown Chakra. This meditation focuses on the sahasrara energy center located in the crown of the head.
- Seventh Chakra Practice - Receive the Blessings. Cutlivating unity through your strong foundation and open crown, this sequence of standing poses, inversions, standing balances and backbends will help you create receptivity to the beneficial influences that surround you.
These are the last classes in our What the Chakra series and we hope you enjoy your exploration of the final chakra.
Posted on October 23rd, 2011
If you missed it this week, both classes exploring the sixth chakra – or third eye chakra – have been added to the site:
- Sixth Chakra Meditation – Third Eye Chakra. This meditation focuses on the ajna energy center located in the space between the eyebrows.
- Sixth Chakra Practice – Your Vision, Your Light. What you see really is what you get. Shift your perception and perspective into a state of complete acceptance and watch your body unfold through this sequence of standing poses, forward bends, splits, hip openers, a moment of restoration and meditation to open your eyes to the light within and around you.
These classes, taken together, will help you shift your view of yourself, others and the world around you. Enjoy!
Posted on October 16th, 2011
If you missed it this week, both classes exploring the fifth chakra – or throat chakra – have been added to the site:
- Fifth Chakra Meditation – Throat Chakra. This meditation focuses on vishuddha energy center located in the throat.
- Fifth Chakra Practice – Your Truth, Your Voice. Attentive listening, radical honesty and why that matters in your practice – or in any realm of your life. Use this sequence of standing balances and standing backbends, hip openers, supported plow and shoulderstand, as well as some Reiki for your throat, a restorative backbend and meditation, to open your throat and locate both the grace and the wisdom in your voice.
Explore you unique voice and all that brings to your life.
Posted on October 9th, 2011
If you missed it this week, both classes exploring the fourth chakra were added to the site so you can continue to follow along with us as we take a deeper look at different ways to work with the chakras in your body:
- Fourth Chakra Meditation – Heart Chakra. This meditation focuses on the anahata energy center located in the center of the chest.
- Fourth Chakra Practice - Love and Be Loved. Love is the subtle force that connects us all; we are all here on the planet to learn how to love and love fully. Use this sequence of standing poses, arm balance variations, baby and big backbends, hip openers and meditation to give and receive love by asking for entry into your own heart.
Go forth and get your fourth chakra on!
Posted on September 28th, 2011
Have you been following along with the chakra goodness each week? If you haven’t, there’s no time like the present to dive in. This week, Harshada Wagner and Elena Brower explore the third chakra in different ways:
- Third Chakra Meditation – Belly Chakra. This meditation focuses on the manipura energy center located in the core of the abdomen. In today’s world, this chakra is a major one for us. When the contraction here goes, a big freedom ensues! Keep with it. This is also a great one to touch in on during the day. “Gut check” yourself from moment to moment and allow space and freedom there.
- Third Chakra Practice – Manifest Transformation. Ignite the fire of your will and take action, in practice and in your life. Feel into your solar plexus, the spirit of the light in your body, through a series of standing poses and arm balancings, leading into seated twists and meditation.
Have you had a chance to take these classes and work with your third chakra yet? It is powerful stuff! Let us know how your chakra practice is coming along and if you have any questions. We’re all learning so it’s a safe space to ask away!
Posted on September 23rd, 2011
Are you following along with What the Chakra? This week we explore the second chakra through meditation and asana:
Second Chakra Meditation with Harshada Wagner – Sexual Chakra meditation. This meditation focuses on the svadhishtana energy center located in the core of the pelvis.
Second Chakra Practice with Elena Brower – Chakra 2 – Svadisthana (Navel) Chakra. Creative, Compassionate Freedom. Clarify your foundational alignment and open the flow of your light through this sequence of cleansing twists, both standing and seated, with breathwork and meditation to close.
Enjoy this exploration of the second chakra and let us know if you have any questions along the way.
Posted on September 14th, 2011
Ever wonder what chakra represents what? Or where it’s even located in your body? Some of you may be well-versed in all things chakra (bravo!), but many of us aren’t. To help us sort out what the heck it’s all about, we’re launching a seven part series of asana and meditation this week to provide more insight into each chakra. Each week, Harshada Wagner will explore a single chakra in meditation and Elena Brower will explore the same chakra through a 90-minute asana class.
This week’s chakra is the Root chakra, represented by the red flower in the illustration above:
- Root Chakra Meditation with Harshada Wagner – This meditation focuses on the muladhara energy center located in the base of the pelvis.
- Root Chakra Practice with Elena Brower – Ground Yourself. Cultivate stability, acceptance, trust and gratitude through a standing pose flow to ground and center you, including standing balances, hip openers, starting and ending with some brief, delicious breath work and meditation.
Join us for the next seven weeks as we explore the chakras together and please let us know if you have any questions along the way!